just some general questions

Vat designs and coatings etc..., Electronics and mods, Z stages and mechanisms to release the prints from Vats etc...
buchseb
Plasticator
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:00 pm

just some general questions

Postby buchseb » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:12 pm

Hi! I just bought this kit, and it's about to become my first printer, (still waiting for it to ship though). But I would like to know how to calibrate the z-axis, since I haven't found any information about the calibration process. I'm not very familiar with the software either. Thank you in advance!! :D

User avatar
bot
Printmaster!
Posts: 993
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:18 am
Location: Vancouver
Contact:

Re: just some general questions

Postby bot » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Patience, young grass hopper.

Edit: OOPS.
Last edited by bot on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*not actually a robot

buchseb
Plasticator
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:00 pm

Re: just some general questions

Postby buchseb » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:26 pm

Thanks, i'll read it later!!! Can't Wait for my droplit! :D

User avatar
bot
Printmaster!
Posts: 993
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:18 am
Location: Vancouver
Contact:

Re: just some general questions

Postby bot » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:59 pm

Oh shit... I didn't notice what forum we were in.

In that case, you're on your own. Sorry, I don't think there is a droplit manual or anything...
*not actually a robot

User avatar
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDDI
Posts: 7185
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: just some general questions

Postby Eaglezsoar » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:41 am

buchseb wrote:Hi! I just bought this kit, and it's about to become my first printer, (still waiting for it to ship though). But I would like to know how to calibrate the z-axis, since I haven't found any information about the calibration process. I'm not very familiar with the software either. Thank you in advance!! :D


I have found only the droplit assembly manual. More manuals will be coming when the author gets the time to write them.

buchseb
Plasticator
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:00 pm

Re: just some general questions

Postby buchseb » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:58 am

Eaglezsoar wrote:
buchseb wrote:Hi! I just bought this kit, and it's about to become my first printer, (still waiting for it to ship though). But I would like to know how to calibrate the z-axis, since I haven't found any information about the calibration process. I'm not very familiar with the software either. Thank you in advance!! :D


I have found only the droplit assembly manual. More manuals will be coming when the author gets the time to write them.


I skipped through it, but it didn't cover the calibration process, I made this post in hope of a small detailed guide. I think i'm aware of the rest of the process though. But thanks :D

User avatar
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDDI
Posts: 7185
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: just some general questions

Postby Eaglezsoar » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:30 am

buchseb wrote:
Eaglezsoar wrote:
buchseb wrote:Hi! I just bought this kit, and it's about to become my first printer, (still waiting for it to ship though). But I would like to know how to calibrate the z-axis, since I haven't found any information about the calibration process. I'm not very familiar with the software either. Thank you in advance!! :D


I have found only the droplit assembly manual. More manuals will be coming when the author gets the time to write them.


I skipped through it, but it didn't cover the calibration process, I made this post in hope of a small detailed guide. I think i'm aware of the rest of the process though. But thanks :D


I think that Geneb knows that such a manual is needed and he will create one as time allows..

buchseb
Plasticator
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:00 pm

Re: just some general questions

Postby buchseb » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:49 am

I guess I just have to wait then unless someone comes up with a quick guide! :D

User avatar
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDDI
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:47 pm
Location: Graham, WA
Contact:

Re: just some general questions

Postby geneb » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:13 am

Well geneb still has no projector, nor other supplies to use with the printer. *coughs*

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

User avatar
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDDI
Posts: 7185
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: just some general questions

Postby Eaglezsoar » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:35 pm

geneb wrote:Well geneb still has no projector, nor other supplies to use with the printer. *coughs*

g.

Folks, especially seemencnc folks, Gene has a bad cough that needs a projector and parts to fix his bad cough.
I hear that he may even get well enough to write the needed manual for the DropLit.
Any takers?

User avatar
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDDI
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:47 pm
Location: Graham, WA
Contact:

Re: just some general questions

Postby geneb » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:56 pm

Heh. *wheeze*

I suspect December is going to be a busy month for me. I'm glad I took the last two weeks off. :D

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

buchseb
Plasticator
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:00 pm

Re: just some general questions

Postby buchseb » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:54 am

Hi Geneb! When do you think you'll have the last part of the manual ready? :)

User avatar
Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDDI
Posts: 7185
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: just some general questions

Postby Eaglezsoar » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:23 pm

buchseb wrote:Hi Geneb! When do you think you'll have the last part of the manual ready? :)


He needs someone to donate a projector. It's tough raising kids, a wife and a dog.

User avatar
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDDI
Posts: 4638
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:47 pm
Location: Graham, WA
Contact:

Re: just some general questions

Postby geneb » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:09 pm

I'm waiting for John to send out the rest of the needed stuff. They're pretty busy right now so I'm not worried about it.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

buchseb
Plasticator
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:00 pm

Re: just some general questions

Postby buchseb » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:36 pm

http://i.imgur.com/C4WAlAE.jpg
how do i fix this? the layer height is 0.1mm, and the total amount of layers is 142, and the 3D print is the right height, according to the z axis configuration, and my ruler! :D

User avatar
mhackney
ULTIMATE 3D JEDDI
Posts: 5411
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:15 pm
Location: MA, USA
Contact:

Re: just some general questions

Postby mhackney » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:58 pm

Read my DropLit build thread - from a few weeks ago. I don't have access to it right this minute. Basically this is setup in Creation Workshop the printer config tab in the upper left side. The meaning of X and Y scale is not quite intuitive.

Sublime Layers - my blog on Musings and Experiments in 3D Printing Technology and Art

Start Here:
A Strategy for Successful (and Great) Prints

Strategies for Resolving Print Artifacts

The Eclectic Angler

buchseb
Plasticator
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:00 pm

Re: just some general questions

Postby buchseb » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:29 am

mhackney wrote:Read my DropLit build thread - from a few weeks ago. I don't have access to it right this minute. Basically this is setup in Creation Workshop the printer config tab in the upper left side. The meaning of X and Y scale is not quite intuitive.


thanks! i´ll try it!!


Return to “DropLit”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest