My .35 nozzle on my Rostock MAX v2 clogged yet again. Tired of the ritualistic nozzle cleaning, I decided to finally switch to a different nozzle (.7 this time) and switch to PLA while I was at it. I took pride in printing ABS with a fine nozzle, and I'm feeling unmanly for downgrading. Please pity me.
Anyway, I'm embarrassed to admit I just spent 2 hours trying to replace my hot end nozzle. I simply cannot figure out how to get this new nozzle in. It is a very, very tight fit, but that's true of the nozzle I took out. I cannot get the threads to catch. I am perplexed on how to overcome the non-threaded portion of the assembly. What am I missing?
Seems like I have to do all of the following at once:
- Push the nozzle in with great force
- DO NOT push directly on the nozzle tip, or I risk denting it, screwing with extrusion
- Turn the nozzle clockwise
- Keep a wrench elsewhere on the hot end to prevent the rest of it also turning
- Avoid damaging or disturbing any wiring.
I wasn't able to find instructions or other threads of people with issues attempting this. I have tried several different methods with a assortment of hand tools.
At this point I'm confused as to whether something is broken, such as maybe stripped threads.