Power supply noise

A pre-assembled Delta Printer that can print a 6" cube 8" tall!
Fester
Prints-a-lot

Power supply noise

Postby Fester » Tue May 06, 2014 7:38 pm

I just received my printer in March and i have a total of 6 days and 6.18 hrs printing and the fan on the power supply is making alot of noise on start up . The bearings seam to be dry . Has anyone else had this problem? :o What should I do , I love my printer and dont want a surprise the next time I turn it on ..

Eaglezsoar
ULTIMATE 3D JEDDI

Re: Power supply noise

Postby Eaglezsoar » Tue May 06, 2014 7:49 pm

Fester wrote:I just received my printer in March and i have a total of 6 days and 6.18 hrs printing and the fan on the power supply is making alot of noise on start up . The bearings seam to be dry . Has anyone else had this problem? :o What should I do , I love my printer and dont want a surprise the next time I turn it on ..

You can replace the fan yourself or you can contact support and tell them what it is doing and see if they will send you a new fan or power supply.
I personally would select option two and contact support.
“ Do Not Regret Growing Older. It is a Privilege Denied to Many. ”

brbubba
Printmaster!

Postby brbubba » Tue May 06, 2014 8:13 pm

Yeah same here. Been running for a while with no long term ill effects although I suspect someday it will die. I did heatsink the chips on my RAMBO board just to be extra safe. Are you sure it's the PSU fan and not the other interior fan?

guanu
SeeMeCNC Staff

Postby guanu » Wed May 07, 2014 8:44 am

if its the psu fan, make sure no wires made way into the psu fan guard... I've had it happen on a few orions where little bit of the wire dipped down into the psu and was tapping on the fan as it spun.. sounds aweful when that happens, but its a easy fix

Guanu

Return to “ORION”