First off I wanted to link to two previous threads since they involve a lot of the trouble shooting that went in to getting the Max v2 to work with Cura.
Cura 2.4 now has some fun new features and now includes a custom printer profile and allows you to set an circular build plate. This is something the other versions haven't had. This makes it much easier to get things working.
Start by installing Cura 2.4 https://ultimaker.com/en/products/cura-software
When you start Cura you need to set up a printer. You can use the custom FDM printer option now and set up your printer, or you can add your own custom printer profile.
Use custom printer profile option:
1. Set your printer settings.
Set X & Y to 280, Z to 350. Also check "Machine Center is Zero" and "Heated Bead
2. Click Finish and you are done.
Add your own printer profile:
This involves uploading a custom profile to the cura "definitions" and "meshes" directory
1. download the attached json.txt file and remove the .txt from the file name
2. You'll need to access the application content files on Mac you right click on the application and select "Show package Contents" I'm not sure how to do it on Windows.
3. locate the definitions folder in Contents/Resources/resources/ . You should see a bunch of def.json files. Add the custom Rostock one there.
4.download the meshes attachment and locate the meshes folder in Contents/Resource/resources . Add the .stl to the meshes folder
5. Start up Cura and select the Rostock max v2 from the printer select screen
The configuration should already be set but you can check it and make sure everything is set up properly.
That should be all you need to get up and running.
Talk about Cura software here (http://wiki.ultimaker.com/Cura)
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests