Weak first layer extrusion, jams mid print.

Having a problem? Post it here and someone will be along shortly to help
buggy
Printmaster!
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: everett, washington

Weak first layer extrusion, jams mid print.

Postby buggy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:41 pm

After completing my upgrade to the duet wifi, fsr setup and titan extruder i still havent managed a successful print. Calibrated esteps, auto calibration and bed mesh compensation.
During the upgrade i followed mhackneys guide on his sublimelayers blog, used the firmware files he supplied but hopefully changed them to fit my max v2.

Now to my current issue. When i go to print my first layer seems to be under extruding. Ive adjusted the zprobe offset with no change to the first layer extrusion. If i turn the extrusion multiplier up to 120% it looks around what i would expect. After the first 2 layers i change it back to 100% and let the print continue. After a few layers it seems like my hotend jams.

Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be? Im new to the reprap firmware so i could be missing something. I can post my config.g and bed.g if that helps.
Dan

User avatar
geneb
ULTIMATE 3D JEDDI
Posts: 4690
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:47 pm
Location: Graham, WA
Contact:

Re: Weak first layer extrusion, jams mid print.

Postby geneb » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:00 am

buggy, what model are you printing? What hot end are you using? What slicer?

Do you have the tension on the Titan properly adjusted?

tnx.

g.
Delta Power!
Defeat the Cartesian Agenda!
http://www.f15sim.com - 80-0007, The only one of its kind.
http://geneb.simpits.org - Technical and Simulator Projects

buggy
Printmaster!
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:05 pm
Location: everett, washington

Re: Weak first layer extrusion, jams mid print.

Postby buggy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:39 am

Thanks for the reply, also a fellow washingtonian (everett)! I think i might have solved the weak first layer extrusion problem, i guess i didnt use a drastic enough z offset. Originally i was using around -.07 when it turns out i needed closer to -.17. It still seems like im getting a lot of back pressure in the nozzle which translates to the extruder. Im trying to print just a universal duet mounting board, im using a e3d v6 and i swapped back to my ez-extruder to see if that would help with the issue.
I was doing more reading trying to solve my issues and realized i may have missed a step during the calibration process. I think i still need to set up my z offset for each of the probing locations.

Also im using bed mesh compensation with auto calibration but i believe i need to include the gcode to have it taper off after a certain height which might solve the issue of my extruder jamming after a few layers.


Return to “Troubleshooting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mac The Knife and 8 guests