Xenocrates wrote:So, I was on the fence about the V2, but today settled the question. Unfortunately, that happened because my Berd-Air dropped down into the part (Second time it's happened, but I changed the mount and added superglue between those events), causing it to come up and fail while I was in class. Not a problem so much with the Berd air, but more of with mounting it. That caused it to get stuck in a large clump of ABS.
I though, No problem, I'll just cut that down some and soak it in acetone. Well, I didn't do too great there, because I managed to nick the edge of the tubing inside the hunk (Didn't even notice it).
I just wish I had gotten the V2 at MRRF, since I was just there, and could have avoided the downtime on the Berd-Air.
I definitely am going to epoxy a trio of little lugs onto it to hold it in place (Positive retention on both sides for two positions, Volcano and V6) when I get the next one set up, and I'm not questioning my getting a new one in the slightest. It is a lovely bit of kit, and I love the idea.
Sorry to hear that. That happened to me also once. A loose connection prevented my pump from turning on and the edge of a small overhang curled up and the pipe snagged it. When I found it the part was hanging from the pipe and a big yellow mass around the heater block. lol
As long as my pipe is working properly that little over hang stays flat! That pesky overhang in the past would either cause the hot end to knock the print off the bed, or it would actually push the nozzle over 2 mm and cause a nasty layer shift.
I was able to save my pipe simply by heating my hotend up and carefully pulling the mass of PLA off.